Friday, March 19, 2010

The Biggest Haul Yet!


My friend Debbie and I went out this afternoon and within an hour had picked over a pound of mushrooms!  I had been telling her about them and even showed up at her house yesterday with some for her to try, but as much as we looked at her place, there were none to be found.  I was afraid that she thought I was making all this up (complete with pictures!).  But today she was thrilled to search under cedars and tromp through the woods after she found her first mushroom.  I'm telling you, it's addicting!  Some of the morels today were so big!
Last night we ate quinoa with asparagus and morels...an amazingly lush and rich dish.  It is supposed to rain tonite and tomorrow, so Sunday or Monday we'll be out again.  And next week, I'll start drying some of the bounty.  What a gift! 

1 comment:

Spring Wilde said...

All I can say is that I'm jealous. You look a million years younger than I, you have a great haircut and YOU COOK - For Go'sake!!! You are a gem of a gal and I love reading your blogs (morel mushrooms?) See, this is why we have to read. We learn new stuff every day, don't we? I'm going to send your blog to all my friends (I have 3) and we'll take it from there. Happy trails girlfriend.