Sunday, February 13, 2011

just a quick recipe...

I woke up yesterday morning very excited about a special visitor we were expecting. I hesitate to say Alex is my favorite client of Scott's lest I offend any others, but he is definitely in the top 3...(is that covering my butt or what?). Alex is upbeat, intellectual and just plain FUN. He always initiates lively conversation and when he leaves, I always feel the visit was not long enough.
I had most of our lunch planned out in my head, but realized I had forgotten about dessert. I looked in the fridge and saw I had a hunk of pie pastry left over from a quiche I'd made earlier in the week, a carton of mascarpone cheese and some beautiful raspberries. It all came together in my head in an instant (see what being obsessed with food will do to you?) when I remembered all the lemon curd I'd made a month ago and stashed in the freezer. In 15 minutes, dessert was finished and I concentrated on getting lunch ready.
Here's how it came together.
There was not enough pastry to make a full sized tart, so I cut rounds and popped them into a muffin tin. I baked them at 500 degrees for 8 minutes because that's what the oven was set at to roast some asparagus. I would generally never bake pastry at that temp but under a watchful eye, it worked. I dumped the pastry rounds out on a rack to cool. I then mixed some mascarpone cheese with a few large dollops of lemon curd until it was light and billowy-really just a few turns with a spoon. This stuff was good! I piped it on the now cooled pastry rounds and topped each with a fresh raspberry.
Maybe it didn't even take 15 minutes...they were the perfect ending to a great lunch.

1 comment:

grace said...

just love the plate....made the rosemary crackers .....we ate them right up
grace