Monday, June 21, 2010

Tired but Happy

I have been working out of town real often lately and am now on a cooking job about an hour from home. Truth be told, I am having a blast feeding 9 incredible folks who REALLY love to eat!  Because the hours are so long -12 to 13 hours a day- and the drive is so far, I have been spending every other night on site.  It allows me to actually get some sleep! I roll out of bed in the morning, jump in the shower and then walk across the driveway (and more often than not encountering a camel or an elk on the way), put on the coffee and start breakfast.  It is creative and exhilarating work and I am so grateful to be able to work at this ranch.
I do miss home though and my everyday stuff: the garden, the chickens (it's almost chicken butchering time again!) and MY HUSBAND!  On the nights I drive home, it is a quick, "Hi! How was your day? Gotta' get some sleep...see you in the morning..."
But I stayed up tonite to check my mail and catch up on a few things.  I read this article online and thought it was a brilliant idea...maybe it will become the new trend in wedding food (or really ANY party). Enjoy and GOOD NIGHT!
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1996593,00.html?xid=newsletter-weekly

No comments: